We encourage all our children to wear the school's uniform. It is not only smart and practical, but gives the children a sense of belonging and of being an important members of the school community.
The Government is asking school governing bodies to ensure that the uniform chosen is widely available in high street shops and other retail outlets, rather from an expensive sole supplier.
• Burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan with white shirts/polo shirt;
• Grey or black trousers/skirts; burgundy and white summer dresses for girls;
• Black flat, sturdy shoes– no open toe footwear or boots/trainer of any colour;
All children taking part in P.E./Games will need to change out of their everyday clothes into appropriately clean P.E. clothing, which provides a freedom of movement and, when necessary some protection from the weather.
• P.E. kits (Indoor Kit) white short sleeved T shirt, black shorts and plimsolls (Outdoor Kit) white T shirt, black shorts/ jogging bottoms and sweatshirt for winter, plimsolls or trainers (it is important that your child has an additional pair of shoes for P.E.)
• Swimming kit – One piece swimming costumes for girls (No bikinis) Swimming trunks/shorts for boys (Must be well above the knee – no Bermuda/surf/long styles allowed)
It would be appreciated if your child's P.E./games clothing could be available in school for their lessons. P.E. bags can be left on children’s pegs during term-time.
Jewellery is not suitable for school wear; children with pierced ears may wear one pair of small studs. However, during P.E.,
Outdoor Learning and swimming we require children to remove their earrings for safety reasons. Taping is no longer allowed.
If this causes difficulty, when your child has P.E., Outdoor Learning or swimming, please ensure that your child does not wear earrings to school. If your child is unable to remove their earrings they will not be allowed to go swimming or take part in P.E. lessons or Outdoor Learning, all of which form part of the statutory curriculum.
Burgundy is a colour that is easily accessible from retail outlets. In addition, we offer the following:
It is important that you name all uniform items of clothing. As you can imagine, missing items without names are extremely difficult to find!